This recipe uses an air fryer to circulate hot air to cook your chicken wings to perfection! Using little to no oil, these air fryer chicken wings are sure to be crunchy and guilt free!
Using only healthy fats in cooking your food can benefit your health. Apart from that there’s a hot new tool that lets you fry your food without the use of unhealthy oils. By using an air-fryer to cook your chicken wings, you reduce its fat content, thereby reducing your risks of developing coronary heart disease.
Aside from chicken wings, you can also use an air fryer to cook your favorite french fries and potato chips. Air-frying can minimize the acrylamide content by 90% compared with the traditional way of deep-frying potatoes, according to a study published in the Journal of Food Science. It is a carcinogen that is found in heated food products. About 5−50 μg/kg of acrylamide are found in heated protein-rich foods and 150−4000 μg/kg in carbohydrate-rich foods.
Air frying may mean waiting a little longer for your food to cook compared to conventional deep-frying, but its benefits far outweigh its costs. If fried food is a huge part of your diet, it’s time to try this Air Fried Chicken Wings and abandon the less healthy deep fat frying.
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix thawed out chicken wings, pink salt, paprika and extra virgin olive oil.
- Once combined, place ingredients into air fryer for 35 minutes.
- Open air fryer at the 15 minute mark to shake around the chicken wings.
- Once chicken wings are cooked, serve and sprinkle dried parsley flakes on top.
Let us know how you like these chicken wings in the comment section below!
And show off your mad kitchen skills by sharing your final masterpieces with us on Instagram!