This recipe uses an air fryer to circulate hot air to cook your chicken wings to perfection! Using little to no oil, these air fryer chicken wings are sure to be crunchy and guilt free!
Health Benefits of Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These Air Fryer Chicken Wings have two awesome traits that make them way healthier for you than their traditional, deep-fried counterparts!
1. They are made with litte to no oil.
Now, we’re not in the no-fat camp! We know that healthy fats, in healthy amounts, are an important part of a healthy diet! But eating far too much fat or lots of unhealthy fats, like refined oils or lard, is definitely not healthy.
One of the easiest ways to cut excess and unhealthy fats from your diet is to drop deep-fried foods. Deep frying literally saturates foods in (usually unhealthy) oils, giving you far more of them than you could possibly need.
By using an air-fryer to cook normally deep-fried foods, such as chicken wings, you reduce their fat content, dramatically, reducing your risk of developing health conditions associated with super high-fat diets.
2. They contain much less acrylamide.
Acrylamide is a carcinogen produced when food is heated to high temperatures. Tyically, about 5−50 μg/kg of acrylamide are found in deep-fried protein-rich foods (like chicken wings) and 150−4000 μg/kg in deep-fried carbohydrate-rich foods (like potato chips).
Air-frying can minimize the acrylamide content by 90% compared to traditional deep-frying methods, according to a study published in the Journal of Food Science.
Air frying may mean waiting a little longer for your food to cook compared to conventional deep-frying, but its carcer-risk-lowering benefits far outweigh its costs.
If fried food is a huge part of your diet, it’s time to try Air Fried Chicken Wings and abandon unhealthy, conventionally deep-fried chicken wings!
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links. Click here for details.
- 3lbs of Chicken Wings
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix thawed out chicken wings, pink salt, paprika and extra virgin olive oil.
- Once combined, place ingredients into air fryer for 35 minutes.
- Open air fryer at the 15 minute mark to shake around the chicken wings.
- Once chicken wings are cooked, serve and sprinkle dried parsley flakes on top.