Who doesn’t love pizza? This greek yogurt pizza dough recipe is packed with protein as well as probiotics to support a healthy digestive system! Plus, this recipe taste delicious and is very easy to make. Personalize the pizza by adding your own toppings.
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper (easy clean up).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Place dough on surface to knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour olive oil on baking pan and spread dough evenly on baking pan.
- Make dough as thick or thin as desired on baking pan.
- Bake crust until golden brown (5-15 minutes) depending on thickness.
- Take dough out and desired add toppings
- Place dough back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough Benefits
Greek yogurt appeals to health-conscious individuals craving for comfort foods. Regular yogurt is also rich in probiotics and calcium that aid in gastrointestinal health and boost immunity. Greek yogurt, however, is a bit better because of its high protein content.
Consumption of this protein rich food reduces hunger and increases fullness which makes it a healthy food snack. It can also be used as a far healthier alternative to cream cheese and other cheese products in baking. Some studies even suggest it can protect you from breast cancer due to its conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) content.