This green curry is a lucious mix of spinach and squash in a savory, coconut-curry-garlic sauce. It’s a touch spicy, but not so much that you can’t enjoy all the rich flavors of the creamy curry sauce.
Good grief! I’m drooling already!
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links. Click here for details.
- 2 cans of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1.5 cans water (use the coconut milk cans)
- 1 bulb of garlic chopped
- 7 tbsp of green curry paste
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 6 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 large yellow squash chopped
- 2 handfuls of blended spinach (added for more color)
- Pink salt to taste
- Boil squash for 10 mins, strain and set aside.
- In a large pot melt coconut oil and mix wheat flour on low until light brown and thick.
- Blend spinach in a food processor.
- Add coconut milk, water, garlic and green curry paste into the same large pot.
- Continue to stir on low/medium heat until desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste. Add chopped spinach and squash.
- Serve over brown rice.
Green Curry Health Benefits
This curry is not only delicious, but it’s loaded with health-promoting ingredients!
Coconut milk is high in fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and other minerals.
Garlic is a potent herbal remedy for infection, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Studies have also shown that garlic has impressive antioxidant properties, which can help protect you from chronic diseaes.
Ginger is a powerful antioxidant that has beneficial effects on conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, asthma, nausea, menstrual cramps and heavy menstrual flow.
Squash and Spinach
For an in-depth discussion of the benefits of squash, spinach, and other healthy vegetables, read about the powerhouse fruits and vegetables that minimize the risk of chronic diseases.