This green curry is a luscious mix of spinach and squash in a savory, coconut-curry-garlic sauce. It’s a touch spicy, but not so much that you can’t enjoy all the rich flavors of the creamy curry sauce.
Good grief! I’m drooling already!
Green Curry Health Benefits
This curry is not only delicious, but it’s loaded with health-promoting ingredients!
Coconut milk is high in fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and other minerals.
Garlic is a potent herbal remedy for infection, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Studies have also shown that garlic has impressive antioxidant properties, which can help protect you from chronic diseaes.
Ginger is a powerful antioxidant that has beneficial effects on conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, asthma, nausea, menstrual cramps and heavy menstrual flow.
Squash and Spinach
For an in-depth discussion of the benefits of squash, spinach, and other healthy vegetables, read about the powerhouse fruits and vegetables that minimize the risk of chronic diseases.
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links. Click here for details.
- 2 cans of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1.5 cans water (use the coconut milk cans)
- 1 bulb of garlic chopped
- 7 tbsp of green curry paste
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 6 tbsp of whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 large yellow squash chopped
- 2 handfuls of blended spinach (added for more color)
- Pink salt to taste
- Boil squash for 10 mins, strain and set aside.
- In a large pot melt coconut oil and mix wheat flour on low until light brown and thick.
- Blend spinach in a food processor.
- Add coconut milk, water, garlic and green curry paste into the same large pot.
- Continue to stir on low/medium heat until desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste. Add chopped spinach and squash.
- Serve over brown rice.